I recently talked about consultations I have with prospective clients.
During our 20-30 minute discussion, the prospect tells me their endgame.
Here’s a few examples:
- CEO wants to take the business to the next level.
- Leader wants to improve communication skills with peers, bosses, and followers.
- New coach wants a mentor to buff their skills and help create a coaching practice.
- Business owner wants to increase revenues.
- High Potential wants to confidently step into a leadership role.
- Disengaged employee wants to transition out of a lifeless career to one that not only pays the light bill but lights them up.
Those special few who decide to go after their endgame hire me and we begin.
Clients hop into their visionary vehicle of choice, punch coordinates into the GPS, and pick a comfortable cruising speed to take them to their endgame.
Sometimes clients are completely lost without a sense of direction. This is the perfect time to hire a coach. A professional qualified coach will help you get clear on what you do want vs. what you don’t want.
As their coach, I go along for the ride to: keep the client’s focus on what’s important, pick up blind spots, ask curious questions, all without an emotional attachment to the outcome.
As Eric Schmidt, then CEO and now Chairman at Google once said about his experience in working with a coach:
“They can give them perspective. The one thing people are never good at is seeing themselves as others see them. A coach really really helps.”
When you hire a coach, everything changes. Your personal and professional life will get so much better.
You might be wondering how you’ll be different after hiring a coach?
Here’s a video demonstrating how my clients show up after working with me for a short period of time:
You get to where you want to go quicker when you work with a coach.
Photo courtsey of Skyseeker.